1.02.2012

Please Don't Clear the Store Shelves!

Couponing is a way of life for millions of households and in these economic tough times, I find it very reasonable to save money in every way possible. Coupons are equivalent to money and when a store reduces an item in their weekly flyer paired with a coupon, it equals great savings. So what stops a person from buying said items? – shelf clearing! This is when another person(s) - likely with the same coupon intentions, clears a shelf of a particular product leaving nothing for anyone else. I know people pad their stockpiles and even sometimes donate to charity but I too do these things and still leave some items for the next shopper.

Without couponing, an example of this is just this past Saturday when SDM had their Saturday only specials with a limit of 4. I purchased the limit of the 3-pack Irish Spring soap .99ea; Colgate toothbrushes .88ea; Colgate toothpaste .99ea. I’ve put these items aside and will include them to donate to a local women’s shelter. See, I bought only 4 of each item and I didn’t think about going in 10 times to purchase the same amount because I know there are a lot of opportunities throughout the year to pick up on good deals. I’m a deal hunter and always looking out. J
My plead is this- unless there are a couple of the item on the shelf, please do not fill up your cart and clear the shelf. Keep others in mind because good deals need to be spread around. We all need a chance to save money.

No comments:

Post a Comment