12.27.2011

How I was frugal this Christmas and no one had a clue!

I became extra frugal this holiday season but seemed as if I spent lavishly to my recipients.
  • Throughout the 2011 year, I took every opportunity to collect Shoppers Drug Mart points and redeem during bonus (and mega) redemption days. I picked up a Wii console and fit game / USB sticks / earbuds, Dior, Givenchy, Million and Beckham cologne & perfume sets. I also collected free $10 Tim's gift cards for having spent the minimum of $50 (on items I would have normally purchased).
  • I also earn points from Swagbucks and redeemed for Starbucks gift cards, books, USB charging cables for ipods and a self gift of a latte machine.
  • I sold items on ebay and etsy to earn paypal funds and inturn shop on ebay for clothing to gift
  • Shopping at Sobey's when they offer great bonus points (ie, kraft dinner for $1.99 earning 300 pts per box) allows me to earn points quickly. I redeem at the $50 level and made gift baskets of jams, teas, mineral water, coffee, crackers, cookies, chocolates, peanuts, almonds and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment