12.28.2011

Easy Rice Pudding Recipe that tastes like Grandma used to make!

So much more cost effective to make at home than buy store bought versions.  I found an incredibley easy and tasty Rice Pudding Recipe that I would like to share. It tastes just like I remember my grandma making but this uses instant rice.

Makes only 2 servings so I double up on the ingredients that it calls for:
  • 1 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup instant rice, uncooked
  • 2 Tbsp of sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
Combine milk, rice, sugar and salt in saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 6 minutes (stirring constantly).

In separate bowl, whisk egg and vanilla until blended. Add a small amount of hot milk mixture and mix well. Pour egg mixture to saucepan, cook and stir on low heat for 1 minute (do not boil).

Remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes.  I also sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.

My preference is to serve cold but also tastes yummy warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment