10.18.2011

A moment of giving thanks

I keep this blog as an online journal to record one of my passions of finding great deals. I don't turn a cheek at even the smallest of finds and that is to come across coins laying on the ground. It happens to me quite often but perhaps it's because I'm open to receiving the experience of finding them.

Quick story of how I was entering the grocery store one morning and took a double take on the floor. It was a shiny brand new penny and was catching the reflection of the sun. I quickly picked it up and gave thanks. Two days later, I went to the same store and thought of the shiny penny and guess what?... I immediately spotted an older penny. I don't dismiss as insignficant, I appreciate the joy in the finding.

Another story is how my son tossed a coin he found in his pants pocket at the park. I immediately told him how I thought it was disrespectful to just toss away money. The very next day, he found two more coins on the floor while shopping. I had an 'ah-ha' moment that when you give to the world, you receive much more back. By him tossing the one coin the day before, he enabled someone else the joy in finding and picking it up. He picked up the two new coins and kept them.

Every Penny Counts is the tag line of this blog but is also my true belief. 0

No comments:

Post a Comment